Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The First Day of Birthday Fun


Most of our first day on vacation (our first in over a year!) was spent driving to Key Largo. We stayed at a little efficiency there so that we could rest up for the rest of our "exploratory driving" experience. This means that we take our sweet time getting to our destination so that we can check out anything interesting along the way.

Since neither of us particularly loves Key Largo, we decided to drive to beautiful Islamorada for dinner. We ate at the Islamorada Fish Company and watched the sunset.

As I've explained to various people, I will take photos of any animal that lets me get close. Our camera is not very zoom equipped, so that means I only get good shots of very common animals. Or in this case, very slow ones...

I also took a shot of this Eurasian collared dove, as we don't see them much around here. They're an exotic species (in case the word Eurasian didn't give it away.)



And finally, this gull. I think it's a winter plumage laughing gull? I'm not so good with shorebirds.
That's all for now. I don't want to stare at the computer anymore. I have 2 or 3 more posts coming about this in the next few days. See ya then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home