Tuesday, June 05, 2007

February in PA

My Mom and Step-Father were kind enough to help me visit in February for some big birthdays (my nephew is TWO!). I also got to see my sister's new engagement ring! I know I'm very behind, but I thought it might be nicer to view snow photos from the summer perspective. ;-)

Mom had seen nothing but dark-eyed juncos at her bird feeder for weeks, but when I was there, she saw her first chickadee (the bird pictured at top)!


I also got photos of a very brave red-bellied woodpecker.

There were lots of changes since I hadn't been home in over a year. The biggest one (literally) were the massive windmills placed all over the mountain in order to generate wind powered electricity! It was very interesting to see such an alternative energy method right in my former backyard! The photo is awful, but you get the gist. :)
More catch-up posts to come! I was inspired to start posting again after our recent visit to a beautiful state park. I will get to that soon!

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Brenda or Eric said...

Ah, you got our kind of windmills now.

Love ya,

Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home