Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Perch

The Perch is the cabin "resort" where we stayed south of Denali. It was an
absolutely charming, if spare, little place. We shared a bath house. You should have seen me sneaking out, fearful of bears, at 3am to use it. I made Ron go with me. hehehe

Anyway, the Perch's restaurant is a beautifully Alaskan decorated little building "perched" on the side of a hill, overlooking the mountains. We had breakfast there the morning of our Denali adventure. It was a sunny, beautiful morning, and we played on the deck and watched the birds and squirrels eating bread thrown by the proprietor. (which I don't endorse, by the way! ;-)

The red squirrels were so small and cute! I'd never seen them before.

The gray jays there are slightly larger than blue jays, but so much fluffier that they look a lot larger. They were such a gorgeous soft gray, and less bold than ours.

This is a dark eyed junco (I think). Very cute.

Since we didn't see an actual wolf, I had to show you this gorgeous carving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home